Holding both CA & CFA qualifications, this Big 4 Audit Senior Manager has gained 10+ years of experience (EY & Deloitte) in Australia and abroad. With exceptional technical skills, the candidate has led audit engagements for internationally recognised brands in numerous industries, including pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, renewable energy, construction, IT, Retail, manufacturing and Automotive.
- International cosmetics brand - recommended revised accounting methodologies that improved the calculation of year-end rebates across the company's range of PBS-listed pharmaceutical products.
- International pharmaceuticals client - implemented accounting system corrections, improved management reporting, identified cost recovery measures and advised management on high-margin and volume manufacturing strategies.
- Renewable Energy business - performed multiple audit engagements, delivering recommendations on onerous loss provisions on fixed-price construction contracts, construction contract revenue, and the divestment and sale of a Wind Farm.
- Software Technology innovator - delivered audit programs on corporate restructuring, goodwill impairments, revenue recognition, derivative instruments, and acquisition and debt accounting.
- Technology business - contributed to the successful ASX listing, certifying IPO compliance by auditing three years' financials ten days before the filing date.
- International manufacturer - coordinated with multiple teams in different geographies focused on corporate rebates and settlement procedures within the retail industry.
- Multinational Retail business - implemented data-driven audit techniques and delivered management reports on inventory, new accounting standards, and vendor financing.
- Automotive manufacturer - designed and led multiple audits, successfully guiding local management to maintain robust inventory management processes and valuation techniques.
- Restaurant chain - managed "whole of business" audits, including site audits (57 outlets) on each outlet covering operations, fixed assets capitalisation, and impairment analysis.
- Accountable for planning and executing end-to-end group audits, advising on local accounting standards and SOX testing and compliance.
- Project Management timelines and deliverables for client engagements, challenging deadlines, tracking progress, and managing audit teams to ensure the achievement of deliverables.
- Investigate operational reasons behind a Company's financial performance, conduct interviews with clients to assess commercial operations, and analyse findings to recommend performance improvements.
- Present detailed analysis of audit findings to senior leadership teams, providing recommendations to improve financial reporting, risk, and compliance controls.
- Played a lead role in financial and accounting engagements, assessing management position papers on accounting standards and writing technical audit papers on complex accounting methodologies.
- Manage client relationships, working directly with executive stakeholders to understand their commercial operations, formulate business solutions and build opportunities for ongoing engagements.
- Oversee client and stakeholder relations across different regions, leveraging local and international resources in the UK and the US.
- Led multiple teams across different geographies, assigning roles and accountabilities, reviewing and approving the output, and coaching and mentoring individuals in building their skillsets and capabilities.
- Maintained reporting and communications with local and offshore executives, planning structured meetings to optimise efficiency and ensure proactive communication of changes, risks, challenges, or delays.