A visionary Commercial Finance leader, he is able to communicate the bigger picture and is known as an Operations Business Partner of choice. He understands the business drivers and stakeholder needs, as to be positioned to influence and steer commercial decision making.
With broad experience across several industries including engineering services, mining, rental services and manufacturing, he has a track record of developing diverse teams for robust financial governance, winning sales tender submissions and business case development for profitable growth.
Known as a problem solver, his mission isn’t to simply say yes or no, it is to find commercial and executable solutions.
- Team management and relationship building across all levels of an organisation;
- Leading major tenders and supporting contractual negotiations;
- Performing commercial appraisal for acquisitions and capital investment projects;
- Embedding financial ownership across management teams to drive superior budgeting performance, with a focus on execution and cost control to drive profitability.
- Negotiation – Helping to shape Customer relationships;
- Contract Performance Management;
- Major Contract wins. Major Lease renewals
- Change Management: Processes around Tender (Risk Management), Reporting, and system improvements.
- Growth / Investment appraisal, assets and acquisition due diligence
- Working understanding of PE investment cycles and expectations
He is looking to lead and grow a commercial finance function.
- Engineering – Build, Products & Services: Major Contract Win; Senior finance Lead in securing a major national contract. Freight Maintenance $1bn, 10-year contract as reported in the National press. Working closely with the Executive Management team establishment of workshops with senior management and key decision-makers within the business to creatively rethink the strategic approach and commercial execution of a struggling contract. Leading the finance team, we modelled and appraised the different scenarios to finalise the business model to secure the long-term contract
- Private Equity – Mining - Asset Management: Winning the largest tender within the industry. Displacing the incumbent who is the largest competitor in the market. Through flexible tender modelling and Capex investment appraisal, secured the contract with a compelling proposal. Presented to the Board and Shareholders for approval
- Private Equity – Mining - Manufacturing: Fulfillment of hire objectives, addressed underperforming Team Members, re-motivation of team and alignment of the team mindset to partnering the business. Expansion of team Management from five to all of finance, team of 15. Successful completion of Commercial and Financial Due Diligence for the process of sale, to new equity Owners, including purchase and completion accounting.
- Engineering – Build, Products & Services: Change Management; Cultural shift to a more commercially focused approach to the process of pricing and tendering for work. By educating and influencing management in the process of commercially thinking and positioning, to better define the commercial propositions being offered to the customer, particularly in the areas of pricing and margin recognition. The result being a quicker turnaround of pricing to customers which then allowed for greater engagement to shaping the work with the customer. It also meant that the organisation was then able to ‘commoditize’ its standard service offerings, to further increase efficiencies in turning around pricing and tendering to the customer.
- Engineering – Mining Build & Maintenance: Team Development (corporatisation); Creation of multiple finance teams across multiple sites. Through the process of the standardisation of work methods and commercial approach, as to ensure tighter accounting control and governance. Creating an identifiable finance function actively supporting the management team and empowering the management team to ‘own’ the numbers. Direction and personal development plans in place created a higher level of employee engagement.
Looking for $250,000 package plus Bonus