This CA qualified candidate is a highly experienced finance and commercially focused business professional. They are a strong and effective leader, who promotes accountability and development, and is able to coach the team to deliver on business goals, with particular strength in transformational change, process improvement, shared Service delivery, risk & compliance (SOX), systems implementations and mergers, acquisitions & divestments.
- Stabilised the finance function producing reliable and accurate financial and management reporting by COB working day 4.
- Implemented strict cash flow reporting, firm control of AP payments, tighter control of AR, debtor dashboards that allowed a paying down of $51 million in external debt in 12 months generating annual savings of $450k.
- Implemented SOX across the group functions of AP, AR, Treasury, Payroll and Financial Accounting 5 months after go-live of Oracle Financials.
- Managed the payroll implementation of the new time, labour and payroll on to Preceda Payroll for a payroll of 2,400 employees over 38 separate Enterprise Agreements.
- Managed working capital, reducing the overdue customer debt by 45% in 3 months.
- Drove the implementation of a new travel and credit card program, ensuring all travel was pre-authorised, reducing the number of credit cards by 50% and travel spend was reduced by 15%.
- Instigated a strategic review of overhead costs saving $400k per year and reengineered the consolidated balance sheet releasing $1 million of equity