This Dip. Management (AGSM - ’14) and CA qualified (’04), “Big 4” Trained (PwC) candidate has gained 15+ years' experience with top multinationals and ASX listed business in the Retail and Hotel industries.
- Enhanced APAC Statutory reporting process by streamlining and redesigning with the implementation of new consolidation systems which incorporated financial packages such as Hyperion Financial Management.
- Redesigned the audit process for APAC region by adopting a global approach which shifted low-risk high-volume work offshore. Efficiency was significantly improved, and APAC audit cost was reduced by USD$250k.
- Successfully prepared the first set of consolidated financial statements for Australian entities which significantly improved efficiency in compliance process and saved cost.
- Successfully streamlined APAC legal entity structures by eliminating entities no longer required which involved contracts assignment, profit distribution, capital repatriation and debt forgiveness. Australian structure was reduced from 23 legal entities that prepared individual financial statements to 5 legal entities that prepare one consolidated financial statement and one consolidated tax return. This reduced audit cost and time cost by 50%.
- Successfully repatriated surplus cash from asset disposals to UK parent through most tax effective ways being either dividend distribution, share buy-back, repayment of debt or combination of many steps. Total cash repatriated close to USD2bn.
- Managed due diligence process (finance) to complete the sale of major hotel asset, Circa USD$1bn).
- Managing the end-to-end financial reporting and audit process for the APAC region, including quarterly group reporting to the UK head office on APAC consolidated results and filing annual local financial statements.
- Performing monthly P&L review to identify exceptional items for APAC region and preparation of quarterly performance and balance sheet movement analysis for group team and auditors.
- Performing quarterly Revenue and Profit reconciliation between legal reporting and management reporting.
- Managing technical accounting for APAC region, implementing new accounting standards/GAAPs and providing financial advice for business transactions.
- Managing the end-to-end tax compliance, reporting and planning process for APAC.
- Managing and maintaining Transfer Pricing documentation in Australia and New Zealand.
- Developing and maintaining sound internal control systems in APAC including SOX compliance.