This candidate is a fully qualified (CIMA), project-orientated Financial Controller/Divisional Head of Finance with a wealth of experience and significant achievements over the past 20 years.
After 8 highly successful years in Melbourne, this commercially astute and highly technically skilled candidate is only just now returning to the Sydney market. With a wealth of knowledge and experience that exhibits a proven ability to operate at a senior level, this candidate has proven track record of delivering complex, large scale projects.
With a collaborative leadership style, this candidate has led and developed Finance, Planning, IT, HR, Marketing and Supply Chain Departments as well as extensive Commercial Operations experience.
Financial Controller/Divisional Head of Finance – Ref: 58326350
Having built an exceptional career to date with leading ASX listed businesses and internationally renowned businesses, this candidate has a diverse range of industry exposure including FMCG/Drinks, Hospitality, IT, Financial Services and Environmental Services.
- In charge of plan to fast track the IPO process and to take advantage of current market appetite, which included a process of updating, restatement and refinement of full FY17 – 20 Accounts and completion of respective Audits as well as the completion of FY20 General Purpose Accounts (3 year comparison). In addition, working with our Tax Accountants we submitted a Private Binding Ruling request regarding the capitalisation of software development costs which resulted in a tax refund of $320K from FY18 & 19.
- Developed yearly and then bi-annual strategic planning process. Construct and roll out new organisational structure and key Exec & Senior appointments group-wide to support efficient operational execution and future growth.
- Led project on medium term planning to prepare company for potential Sale or IPO. Liaise with Private Equity Groups and other potential partners.
- Led engagement with Banks and ongoing development of funding relationships to support year 3 growth onwards. This was two large funding arrangements at 24 months and then 48 months covering future business growth.
- Re-established the cashflow position of the company. All government and commercial creditors within industry-standard days. Strategic Procurement Practices implemented, reducing cost and improving cash position. COGS KPIs were improved by 17%.
- Direct Group Finance, Planning & Commercial operations and a member of ELT & Board
- Re-state & refine Financial and Management accounts to ASX/General Purpose standard
- Develop & Implement key policies & procedures (Capitalisation, Delegation. Financial Controls)
- Implement and facilitate Planning and Forecasting systems
- Develop and implement profitable growth strategies
- Assessment and negotiation of investment opportunities, pricing strategies & develop commercial acumen of management team
- Cashflow/Funding Management & Manage Banking Relationship
- Multi-Year Audits, ATO Private Ruling & Banking Relationships
- ATO Private Binding Ruling & refinement of Capitalisation policies
- Change Management
Immediately available and seeking circa $170,000-$180,000 + Super + Bonus, this represents great value!