For the past six years, this candidate has enjoyed a highly successful and enjoyable time as the Financial Controller for a dynamic Private Equity owned business. Due to the company recently being sold to an ASX business has presented this candidate with the opportunity to seek their next challenge and thus given me the chance to present to you an exceptional Financial Controller/Head of Finance.
This candidate is highly loyal, organised, a technical expert, with impeccable communication skills and commitment to developing their team.
This “Big 4” trained (KPMG UK), ACA (UK Chartered Accountant – ICAEW), and Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) qualified candidate has gained 15+ years experience with top multinational, ASX listed and Private Equity businesses within Professional Services, Mining and Healthcare.
- Successfully able to make immediate & sustained impact to loss-making business with poor financial infrastructure, to the point of sale and subsequent integration of robust, healthy and growing business into ASX listed business, whilst navigating unprecedented challenges (e.g. Covid).
- Finance team rebuilt & streamlined (10 to 5 FTE): implementing and leveraging system development, producing accurate, relevant and timely information for management (e.g. m/e close process, flash results with no surprises/ regular P&L and cashflow reforecasting/ more effective and streamlined board reporting). This evidenced with significantly improved year-end external audit (from 3months late/ $100k overspend to consistent three weeks/ under budget/ 31 October reporting) – better planning & documentation, organisation, and real-time upfront communication with the auditors on critical issues.
- Established robust and regular financial reporting: creating 4-eyes journal entry procedure, month-end timetables & balance sheet recs, monthly subsidiary reporting & quarterly internal reviews, preparation of real-time technical accounting memos and regular 2-way CFO/Business development meetings on critical issues.
- Management reporting/ KPI system implementation: integration of several operational & financial systems into a real-time data-cube reporting system. Implemented process efficiencies and control enhancements/ segregation across repetitive & high-volume tasks
- Implement high-profile cost-saving initiatives, saving 5-10% of annual operating costs (e.g. head office relocation, fundamental supplier tenders/ changes, renegotiation of terms and consolidation, introduction of T&A, and expense management systems across the business for better payroll & expense oversight).
- Implementation of emerging technical accounting issues (e.g. leasing, acquisition accounting, impairment, tax provisioning, financial instruments & refinancing, employee share scheme).
- Accelerated completion of Group audit from YE+10 months (+$150k overruns) to YE+3 months (no overruns).
- Accounting and integration of company and asset acquisitions, equity & debt raises and loan refinancing – including a successful $400m Senior Secured EuroBond debt raise in October 2014 (listed on the Irish Stock Exchange with on-going quarterly external financial reporting)