A technically strong and engaging Financial Controller with a proven track record of building and leading effective finance teams across various industries including financial services, real estate, infrastructure, consultancy and healthcare.
Their success has been achieved by a combination of positivity, expertise, execution and a strong focus on driving cultural change through engaging leadership.
Key Recent Achievements:
- Controllership/risk/compliance - savings of $10 million and established robust processes.
- Direct/ indirect tax - recovery of $5 million from ATO and SRO’s and set up revised reporting models.
- Budgeting- instrumental in 10% cost-cutting across the board resulted in savings of $2 million.
- Restructured teams and re-engineered finance functions resulting in reduced employee turnover by 50%, robust end-to-end processes with substantial productivity increase, improvised management reports, dashboards and risk reporting providing comfort level to the C Level management.
- Managed statutory reporting for ANZ region within record time with no overrun costs and rated as the best audit from the auditors.
- Led implementation of IFRS16 across APAC region.
- Reviewed internal control/ policy gaps and implemented consistent processes aligned to global policies resulting in clean reports from internal and external auditors.
- Reviewed and restructured transfer pricing, payroll, annual reporting, AP, AR and other controllership processes resulting in simplified long-term solutions.
- Written technical papers on IFRS16, IFRS9 and IFRS15 standards and board papers on policy gaps on an acquisition of a business in Malaysia.
- Completed acquisition and completion accounts for two major acquisitions in ANZ as per AIFRS/USGAAP.
- Controllership and Decision Support
- AIFRS/ USGAAP Reporting
- Direct/ Indirect Taxation
- Regulatory Reporting (Global)
- Acquisition/ Transformation/ Integration
- Project Management
- Process Re-engineering/ Change Agent
- Risk/ Compliance/ Internal Controls