Highly impressive Financial Controller with exceptional technical skills and extensive ASX reporting experience and available on just a 1-week notice period!
This “Big 4” trained (KPMG), CA qualified candidate has gained 15+ years of experience with top multinational and ASX listed businesses across a range of industries including Mining, Manufacturing, Banking and most recently Media/Entertainment.
Recent Key Responsibilities & Achievements:
- Prepared ASX quarterly and half-yearly ASX reporting packs including Appendix 4D and Appendix 4C, wrote technical papers on IFRS and took great delight in interpretation and application of accounting standards (AASB) to the accounting processes and reporting.
- Delivered high-quality monthly financial and management accounts/forecasts and weekly cash-flows
- Performed budget management tasks such as monitoring company performance against estimates and preparing annual budgets
- Provided detailed analysis of financial results. Managed over 15 departmental budgets, meeting monthly with the division leaders to discuss variances and update the rolling forecast. Developed models to better understand the financial returns on new corporate initiatives
- Reduced monthly forecast variance from ~20% to ~5% by thoroughly examining past expenses and collaborating with the budget owners to ensure the most up to date information was incorporated in the forecast
- Responsible for providing timely financial accounting, reporting and analysis in accordance with SOX and US GAAP compliance to a US head office.
- Providing technical accounting research to support finance risk and opportunity assessment and compliance, including drafting technical accounting memos
- Carried out FY 2021 year-end closing process and audit process efficiently with no adverse audit comments
- Compiled an accounting paper for the new accounting standard IFRS -16 Leases
- Monthly financial closing, with responsibility for valuations in the treasury system and preparation of booking entries for derivatives (FX, IR, commodity hedging), including hedge accounting documentation according to IFRS
- Automated long-established manual financial reporting processes and saved 40% of time consumed in manual labour hours.
This candidate is available on just a 1-week notice period.